Monday, November 7, 2011

Design Team Showcase - Meet the Artists

Hello High Hopes Fans!!

Click here for our Current Challenge

Well it's time for another "Meet the Divas".
However, this time we are going to showcase the Artists of High Hopes Rubber Stamps!

First up is the fabulous "Sir Dustin"...
Dustin Pike

I was born and raised in Utah spending almost all of my childhood drawing even when I was supposed to be doing schoolwork. In 1992 I married my best friend and we have been happily married since, I have 4 wonderful children, though I am my wife's biggest kid. I joined the USAF to work in Commercial art, but ended up an Ammo troop instead spending 3 yrs in Germany. Came back to the states to Hill AFB in Utah and have been here since. I am an avid Disneyland fan. I love Disneyland almost to the point it's unhealthy... My wife talks about intervention...maybe she's not joking... I think my style is influenced by Disney as well as older Hannha Barbera cartoons and anyhting Jim Henson has done mainly Fraggle Rock and other muppet related stuff. I am excited to be able to move my scribbles into the rubber stamp medium. I hope I can live up to the expectations I have with my how do I put it "fans"...

Dustin's images are so whimsical designs are so whimsical and fun.
His Dragons are favorites amongst the Divas and customers.

And so many of his designs are filled with quirky humor that sometimes make you say "huh?"



And now we have the talented Laurie Furnell...

Laurie Furnell

I was born in into an artsy, crafty family. My Mom & Dad was always working on some sort of art project...So, I am a self taught artist that comes by my talent naturally. From the time I was little, I loved to draw and color. My mom use to call me her "Doodlebug" because no piece of paper was safe if I had a pencil in my hand. To me, there was no better gift than a pad of clean white paper and a new box of crayons. I am now married ( 35 years this year...yeah!) to a wonderful guy. We have two grown children, and three grandchildren. My life revolves around my family, the gospel of Jesus Christ and my artwork. I love to read fantasy adventure books ( when I have time...LOL) cook, garden and spend time with my family. Our favorite place to vacation is Disney World...I do love Mickey! I guess I'm still a kid at heart. I am so excited about this new adventure in stamping...to be working with High Hopes Rubber Stamps is like a dream come true... I have a whimsical, folksy style, something that fits
perfectly with the High Hopes stamps. I look forward to creating some new and wonderful art for High Hopes in the future and can't wait to see what all you talented stampers can do with my art today...Happy Stamping!

Laurie's designs are filled with "Country" flair. Her animals are adorable and "fluffy", and many of her images bring you closer to nature...


Laurie also has a wide collection of accent and border images that coordinate with her designs...

We are so happy to have these lovely artist working with our team!!

No comments: